1. INTERPRETATION AND VARIATION
1.1 In the Terms and Conditions the following definitions apply:
- “bodytonic” means bodytonic clinic limited.
- “Patient” means any person who has completed and submitted via online bookings, phone or contact form at one of bodytonic clinic limited websites.
- “Clinic” means any one of the bodytonic clinic limited clinic locations.
- Reference to a Clinic in the Terms & Conditions will be to the relevant clinic at which a Patient has booked to attend treatment.
- “Terms and Conditions” means these terms & conditions.
1.2 bodytonic reserves the right to vary and revoke the Terms and Conditions from time to time which variation it may consider necessary or desirable for the regulation of the affairs of the Clinic and the conduct of Patients. Any such changes will be notified to Patients and, until revoked, are and will be binding on Patients.
1.3 The Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2. REGISTERED PATIENT
2.1 Subject to these terms and conditions, when a person has completed online bookings, mobile phone application, phone contact or contact form they will become a Patient of the Clinic.
2.2 Acceptance of a person as a Patient is at the absolute discretion of the Company.
2.3 Patients must be 18 or over or have their parents’ / guardians written consent before becoming a Patient of the Clinic (which consent must be made available on request).
Data Controller – Sophie Hussein (bodytonic clinic)
- Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- The following information is collected: Patient name, address, date of birth, email address, phone numbers, GP details, past medical history, family medical history and case history for treatment carried out at clinic.
- All information is given by the patient or their carer, parent or legal guardian.
- Information collected is sufficient for the purpose of making informed clinical decisions.
- Data is collected verbally on the phone by reception staff or practitioners to book appointments and take contact details.
- Medical information is collected by osteopaths verbally at a face to face appointment. Patient contact details and appointments are stored on the computer and/or manually.
- Patient clinical records are electronic.
- Cliniko is the main provider from both appointment bookings and treatment notes taking and they are GDPR compliant.
- All patient records belong to and are owned by bodytonic clinic
Data Disposal (minimum 8 years, 25 years of age for children)
- Registration form via paper form are stored securely at bodytonic clinic and are destroyed after 4 years as electronic copies are stored.
- Registration forms are destroyed by confidential recycling via FIRST MILE.
- Records cannot be deleted before statutory requirements for data retention – 8 years or up to 25 years of age for children.
- Electronic records are deleted from the system after 8 years or 25 years of age for children.
- Patient data is also used for both operational and company marketing purposes. Operational communication includes but is not limited to appointment reminder emails and text messages, invoices and feedback requests.
- We do send marketing including but not limited to birthday vouchers, newsletters, offers and discounts which patients opt in to with a tick box on their first visit.
- We check patients still want to receive communications on a regular basis.
- We process your data using the lawful basis of consent for marketing, and fulfilment of contract and legitimate interest for processing your medical record and sending you health information and exercises relating to your condition.
- Your medical record is processed as Special Category Data under Article 9 2(h) of the GDPR. Parents must give consent for communication with children under 16 years.
- Information is only shared with other persons with patient’s permission. This would usually be with other health professionals. Patient information is never passed on to other clinics, practitioners, persons or companies.
- Data would extremely rarely be shared without consent if there was a legal order or in cases of serious safety risks.
- Every year we check all active patient data is correct with a data audit
- Access to paper records is restricted to practitioners and admin staff who have signed a confidentiality and processor confidentiality agreement.
- All electronic data is password protected and access to information can be restricted. Systems are kept updated and antivirus security systems are in place and updated.
- Passwords are changed regularly and access to websites are via 2 step verification.
- Data breaches will be detected by observing signs of unauthorised entry to storage areas, monitoring communications or becoming aware of a security breach (e.g. a virus or unauthorised log on or change to permissions) on the computer system. Data breaches will be investigated and reported to the Information
- Commissioner’s Office within 72 hours by the appointed person. Patient’s will be informed if we believe a data breach has occurred.
- Patients may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office if they believe a data breach has occurred. Information Commissioner’s Office: 0303 123 1113
Subject Access Requests
- Subject access requests must be responded to within a month and no charge can be made.
- Data is only released on receipt of a signed request from patients or in exceptional circumstances. Any data sharing is detailed in the patient record.
- Patient’s and anyone we hold data about have some rights under GDPR: You can request to: see your data at any time, move your data to another practice, correct any inaccuracies, prevent marketing. You may request for details to be deleted but due to our legal obligation we cannot delete your health record but we can remove you from our contact list.
- Patients or staff may raise any complaints about data processing with our Data Controller who may be contacted at 0203 6060 490 or via Complaints Form.
- You may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office Directly on: 0303 123 1113
4. CLINIC OPENING TIMES
- Details of treatment times at the Clinic may vary from time to time. Session times will be published by the Clinic and will be available either at the Clinic or at bodytonicclinic.co.uk
5. PAYMENT TERMS
5.1 Details of treatment fees are available at bodytonicclinic.co.uk or directly from the Clinic and will be such fees as determined by the Company from time to time.
5.2 All treatments are by appointment, once treatment has been provided payment would be required for the relevant treatment (apart from free Discovery Session). If you process to treatment you will be charged the full treatment price of a 1st appointment. You may be asked to prepay for treatment on certain occasions or if we have a record of appointments being cancelled, moved or cancelled within 24 hours.
5.3 We give you 14 days to cancel your healthcare plan or gift card, provided the credit hasn’t been redeemed against treatments. If you’d like to cancel your healthcare plan or gift card please call 0203 6060 490 and we can arrange. Payments for treatments and treatment plans in any amount are non-refundable after the initial 14 days from purchase unless otherwise stated in the Terms and Conditions.
5.4 Treatment plans are usable for a specific duration which is six months or twelve months from purchase depending on if you purchase six or twelve sessions. Gift cards and vouchers for single treatments are valid for twelves months. All plans and vouchers are valid from and including the date of purchase and are non-refundable. In the event where we are unable to provide you with a suitable appointment we may at our sole discretion extend the expiry date.
5.5 All vouchers and healthcare plans purchased will be sent electronically to a preferred email address provided.
5.6 Our healthcare plans are discounted treatment packages. Six treatments are discounted by 10% and twelve treatments are discounted by 15%. Healthcare plans are valid for six and twelves months respectively from the date of purchase and are non-transferable and non-refundable. Single treatment vouchers are valid for twelve months.
5.7 Our vouchers and healthcare plans carry a strict 24 hours Late Notice Policy. The full treatment cost will be charged for a treatment where cancellation or the rescheduling of a session is not made online or notice of the same is not emailed to the Clinic at least 24 hours prior to the booked time.
5.8 Vouchers can be used in any of our bodytonic clinic® locations, however not all treatments are provided at each clinic, so please check before purchase.
5.9 Online discounts are not available on medical, osteopathy or foot health appointments.
Studio Terms, Conditions & Card Payments
5.10 All studio bookings pre payment is required. Bundles are not transferable to treatments.
5.11 Payments for studio bookings in any amount are non-refundable unless otherwise stated in the Terms and Conditions.
5.12 Studio bundles are usable for a specific duration which is six weeks or twelve weeks from purchase depending on if you purchase five or ten sessions. All bundles are valid from and including the date of purchase and are non-refundable. In the event where we are unable to provide you with a suitable appointment we may at our sole discretion extend the expiry date.
5.13 Our bundles are discounted packages.
5.14 Our bundles and classes carry a strict Late Notice Policy. The full cost will be charged for a class where cancellation or the rescheduling of a session is not made online or notice of the same is not emailed to the Clinic prior to the Late Notice Policy time.
5.15 Information will be saved to file for future transactions on your account. You can request your details to be removed by requesting this via the clinic.
5.16 Your card details are stored securely with Square (Square complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Data is not readable / viewable by bodytonic clinic or members of the team at any time.
6. BOOKINGS, CANCELLATIONS AND LATE NOTICE POLICY
6.1 A Patient may only book or reschedule treatments for themselves via online bookings facility at bodytonicclinic.co.uk or via the mobile phone application (if available).
6.2 Patients will be charged for a treatment where cancellation or the rescheduling of a session is not made online or notice of the same is not emailed to the Clinic at least 24 hours prior to the booked time.
6.3 We operate a 24 hour Late Notice Policy on behalf our the practitioners who provide services for bodytonic clinic. In the event you do not turn up for your appointment or it is cancelled or rescheduled within 24 hours the full treatment charge will be applied to the booking.
6.4 Treatments are booked on a first-come first-served basis. A Patient may use the waiting list facility at bodytonicclinic.co.uk in the event that the first choice session is unavailable. If a Patient joins the waiting list for a particular session and then books that session the booking will be subject to the Terms and Conditions in the usual way.
6.5 The total time of your appointment includes consultation, undressing, dressing, treatment and payment, if you feel you will require more time please contact the clinic prior to your treatment.
7. SAFETY & HYGIENE
7.1 In the interests of safety and hygiene, no food is permitted in the Clinic. With the exception of guide dogs no pets are permitted in the Clinic.
7.2 Excessive noise, disturbance or unseemly behaviour is prohibited, including abusive or threatening behaviour to anyone associated with bodytonic clinic. Everyone is entitled to work in or use the clinics without fear of verbal or physical abuse. bodytonic clinic will support anyone associated by taking legal action against any individual who does not respect this right.
8.1 Patients are required to give written notice to bodytonic of any change of address or email address. Failing such notice, all communications will be assumed to have been received by the Patient within five days of mailing to the last address notified to bodytonic.
8.2 bodytonic may, if a Patient wishes, communicate with the Patient by electronic mail (“email”). By providing an email address to bodytonic the Patient consents to receiving email communications from bodytonic, including notices pursuant to the Terms and Conditions. The Patient also accepts the risk that email may not be a secure and confidential means of communication. bodytonic will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of communicating with a Patient by email.
8.3 Patients must at all times observe bodytonic guidelines which may be notified to them from time to time and are requested to comply with any reasonable directions which the management of bodytonic may issue to ensure the smooth operation of bodytonic for the convenience of all Patients.
8.4 Any marketing, educational or other materials of any nature whatsoever produced by bodytonic in connection with the Clinic and which are made available to Patients at the Clinic will at all times remain the property of bodytonic and will be subject to the bodytonic’s copyright.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- bodytonic clinic, the bodytonic clinic® trademark, graphics, photos & site content are the property of bodytonic clinic® and protected by law. Permission must be gained before you are allowed to use, make or distribute. All rights are reserved.