Bethany is registered with AXA PPP, AVIVA, CIGNA, WPA and Vitality Health insurance companies. She is registered with the General Osteopathic Council and is a member of the Institute of Osteopathy. She continues to further develop her skills and knowledge as an osteopathic practitioner by attending workshops and courses specific to osteopathy and health. These include:
- First Aid – London.
- Pregnancy Massage – London.
- Dry Needling/ Acupuncture – London.
- APPI Matwork Level 1- London .
- APPI Matwork Level 2 – London.
- APPI Matwork Level 3- London.
- APPI ante and post natal clinical Pilates- London.
- Consent and Communication CPD London.
- Headaches, Safety, Classification and Diagnosis – London.
Bethany finds it to be a privilege to be able to be part of a patient’s journey to recovery and optimal health. Pain can usually bring up feelings of stress, confusion and angst. With patients usually thinking the worst about their condition. She understands the importance and value of positive communication whilst treating patients. Through sharing her knowledge of anatomy, physiology and osteopathy she aims to empower her patients by hopefully making them feel that they have more understanding and control over their condition and aches and pains.
With her keen interest in patient education, Bethany also dedicates her time creating informative blog posts, information sheets on a selection of topics. These include common musculoskeletal conditions and helpful hints and tips on how to prevent injuries. Click here to check out Bethany’s latest blog post on sciatic pain. Bethany also writes articles for magazines such as “The River” magazine and “The Southwark Business Today”. Please see a list of articles Bethany has written to date:
- “The aches & pains of lockdown, and 5 top tips on how to prevent them from occurring”, Southwark Business Today, February 2021
- “Life in lockdown, how to boost your exercise motivation”, Southwark Business Today, December 2020
- “Headaches, 7 top tips on treating the most common types of headache”, Southwark Business Today, June 2020
- “Working from home? How to optimise your work space and improve your posture during COVID-19” Southwark Business Today, April 2020
- “Sciatica, get moving and get strong” Southwark Business Today, February 2020
- “Winter and Sciatica” River Magazine, December 2019
When Bethany is not working at bodytonic clinic you will find her running in Greenwich park, swimming in London’s abundant selection of cold water swimming pools or in the studio creating hand thrown ceramic pieces.
*Naturopathy is a healthcare system underpinned by the belief that the body has its own abilities to heal itself. Naturopathy is based on the principle ‘first do no harm’ which means using the most gentle and non-invasive techniques to help guide the body to recovery and balance. Treatment could include; dietary recommendations, hydrotherapy, exercise and relaxation techniques.